Welcome to my blog. I am 'The Bunny Maker' - aka Anna, confuzzled mother of three boys, maker of sock bunnies for Widget and Friends, owner of The Warren Bunny Boarding and artist behind Half an Acre. Come on in and join the madness!


Monday 28 June 2010

New Sock Things: Thnake Eyeball Key Rings?

 I had a wonderful and unusual custom order the other day.  A snake eyeball keyring.  I had to have a good old think about it (nice glass of Rose etc) as the eyeballs were originally just for sewing onto Thnakes and didn't need to be that robust.  How to attach it securely to the keyring was the issue - so it didn't just pull off, or come undone.


It's solved.  I made an inner ball of white sock and sewed webbing all the way around it, having machine sewed a loop into it first.  With that all secure I wrapped more stuffing around the ball and sewed it inside the rainbow sock fabric.


I'm hoping it will hold up.  Now I'm thinking, perhaps I'll have some in the shop.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment