Welcome to my blog. I am 'The Bunny Maker' - aka Anna, confuzzled mother of three boys, maker of sock bunnies for Widget and Friends, owner of The Warren Bunny Boarding and artist behind Half an Acre. Come on in and join the madness!


Friday 14 May 2010

A problem with greenfly.

It's that time of year.  The roses are coming into leaf and the buds are forming.  That means one thing.  Greenfly.  We have an Albertine outside our front door, which fills the air with its luscious scent throughout june.  I have to spend most of May squeezing the greenfly off the flower buds.
The other day I went out to have a general poke around and found that we had the biggest greenfly problem of all time ...


Wah! He was HUGE!  I screamed.  He screamed.  I screamed.  He said "Is this number 3?".  I said it was.  He said that he had been sent to live with us and had come from Minxtures shop on Folksy.   He also said that he didn't really like eating roses.  Good news.

I asked him in and he showed me his two leaves that he'd brought with him to sleep under at night.  He said that he would try to not be too much trouble.  After hearing that he wasn't a rose-eating greenfly I was very happy to have him in the house.


So far he has been very quiet, every now and again having a little fly around and then settling down for a snooze under his leaves...



I'm hoping he will become good friends with Cheesy the Cheeselog, who also found his way to our house from Minxtures, a truly temptatious shop full of fuzzy creatures with 'take me home' eyes.  Although I did catch him sniffing a rose in the back garden earlier .... hmmmmmm

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. You truly are barking. My kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete