Welcome to my blog. I am 'The Bunny Maker' - aka Anna, confuzzled mother of three boys, maker of sock bunnies for Widget and Friends, owner of The Warren Bunny Boarding and artist behind Half an Acre. Come on in and join the madness!


Saturday 1 December 2007

"Half an Acre? Why?" I hear you ask ..

A very good friend of mine heard it on the radio, from a 1950's recording of Gardener's Question Time.
"No matter how small one's garden one should always set aside at least half an acre for wildflowers."
I think it is mis-quoted because my mother found it quoted again in a magazine and cut out the words for me. It was a whole acre, but I can't change the name now!
I found it a curious and evocative name for my company.

My Half an Acre is a peaceful meadow - lizards dart through the grass, fish swim in the little river and the Sockbunnies live in The Warren, which nestles in the sunniest corner of the plot. There is a vegetable garden, tended by the bunnies, where they grow carrots, lettuce and strawberries.

One day I will have my own half an acre, and there will be a hammock slung between two trees and a rickety gate leading to the adjacent garden of my oldest and best friend Ruth.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna,
    Just to say I nominated you for a little blog award - no need to do anything about it, just wanted to include you!
    Tara
    http://aquamarineart.blogspot.com/2009/04/at-long-last-my-fabulous-attitude-is.html

    ReplyDelete